Whether you are going back to your home country or staying in Japan, there are several things that you need to take care of before you move out. Before beginning your preparations for leaving JET, please read through the After JET Guide from CLAIR linked below.
It should cover all the major question you might have. If you require more detailed information, the PAs have also prepared some resources for you.
Guides by the Mie PAs:
- Lump Sum Pension Withdrawal
- Returning Airfare
- Visa Info
- Managing Your Japanese Funds Before Departure
- Preparing your apartment
- How to send your stuff home
- How to sell or get rid of your stuff
- Things that you should and should not leave behind
- Outgoing JETs Facebook Group
(this group is useful for hearing about other JET leavers’ experiences but if you are really unsure about the process for the pension refund, your visa, taxes etc. please refer to CLAIR’s guide or get in contact with the Japan Pension Service, immigration office or tax office etc.)