Leaving JETs

Whether you are going back to your home country or staying in Japan, there are several things that you need to take care of before you move out.

Tips and articles from the PAs:

Immigration Information Center:

  • call 0570-013-904 (English also available)
  • opening hours: 8:30am – 5:15pm
  • more information here (Japanese)

Japan Pension Service:

  • call 0570-05-1165 (Japanese only)
  • click here to see their opening hours etc.

Join this Facebook group and ask questions to other JET leavers:

  • Outgoing JETs Facebook group
    (this group is useful for hearing about other JET leavers’ experiences but if you are really unsure about the process for the pension refund, your visa, taxes etc. please refer to CLAIR’s guide or get in contact with the Japan Pension Service, immigration office or tax office etc.)

A WordPress.com Website.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: